Do you want to know more about the educational processes that bear human-computer interactions? Well, then it’ll be preferable for you to seek a career in UX Design, also known as User Experience Design. This blog will help you to understand all the important characteristics and components of UX Design.
WHAT IS UX DESIGN
UX Design is the process of designing products, services, events, environments with a primary focus on user experience. The design of a product or a service is created to issue a meaningful and relatable experience to the users. It includes the whole process of putting together the end products or services which include branding, usability, design, and function.
In simpler terms, UX Design is anything that makes the user experience smooth and easy.
The end goal of UX Design is to make the whole experience of the users’ natural and impulsive. The device process is not run by a single design discipline, instead, it encloses a cross-disciplined view that considers layered perspectives of the business/brand/ products or services starting from integrating the product till its final development.
Are The Terms ‘UI’ and ‘UX’ similar?
UI and UX are terms that can be used conversely, but they do not mean the exact same things.
The biggest difference between UI and UX design is:-
UI or User Design Interface is all about the feel and look of the app/website or any product, and
UX or User Experience Design concentrates on the overall experience of the user when they use the product.
IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF UX DESIGN
- User Research:- A great User Experience starts and ends with the user. A thorough research about the user’s taste, needs, mindset is important in understanding the user’s behavior.
- Visual Design:- An alluring and attractive user design plays a significant role in shaping the entire user experience. Proper line spacings, images, layouts, videos, and other visuals matter a lot in the UX Design process.
- Information Architecture:- Basically, it is organizing and structuring the informations for easy accessibility and usability of the users. A well-organized information system helps the user in locating information.
- Interaction Design:- Interaction between the users and the products based on the design, look, and feel of the product is the main objective of interaction design.
- Usability:- It helps the users to accomplish their objectives easily and satisfactorily.
- Accessibility:- In terms of UX Designs, accessibility means the overall understanding of the entire design and structure of the product.
WHAT DOES A UX DESIGNER DO
SKILLS REQUIRED TO BECOME A UX DESIGNER
The top 5 skills which is a must to become a UX Designer are as follows:-
- User Research Ability:- This is one of the most in-demand skills for UX Designers. A UX Designer focuses on the user-centered approach in designing the products which require exceptional research skills in understanding the user behavior and needs.
- Collaboration Skills:- UX Design encloses collaboration with the whole team involved in the product development; from business shareholders
- Visual Communication:- The work of a UX Designer requires flawless visualization skills as all the designs are graphic in nature. A clear understanding of visual communication is very much necessary for becoming a good UX Designer.
- Communication Skills:- To manage all the aspects of oral and written communication while collaborating with other teammates, designers should have strong communication skills.
- Prototyping and wireframing:- This skill is an additional, yet a very important skill you can develop or learn as wireframing and creating prototypes These skills help designers in communicating the ideas more effectively. From hand-drawn sketches and three-dimensional product models, UX Designer jobs require a great deal of knowledge about prototyping and wireframing.
So, by now you must have a pretty fair idea about what UX Design is and how you can pursue a career in this particular field. If you still have doubts or want to get an expert’s opinion about it, get yourself a career counselor and get all your doubts cleared about a career in design or any other career field.